Sunday, June 12, 2011

Benson's Pirate Bash

For Benson's fourth birthday we had a pirate party with a few of his friends.



We had a boat of watermelon, jugs of pirate juice,



fish in water jello, golden nuggets (chicken nuggets), and cannonballs (chocolate covered peanut butter balls).




Then we went fishing for pirate gear.

We made our hats, and fished out some vests, eye patches (that weren't a big hit), telescopes,




AND SWORDS!



Then we were all ready for our adventure.



We walked the plank and sailed in our ship.






Then we threw cannonballs (ping pong balls) at the crocodile.


Then we jumped in the water to fight the croc with our swords.





Then we went on a treasure hunt.




Minutes after the party started, I realized I didn't have any birthday candles. So I sent my dad to the nearby store to get some. When my dad returned with these and I said, "Why didn't you get plain birthday candles?" (The patriotic theme didn't really go with the pirates.) He said he wanted Benson to have something different, that he would remember.















And last everyone took a turn wrestling the crocodile.


Reagan liked it too.....once all the pirates were out.


No comments: